Margate Theatre Royal

Margate Theatre Royal

The Theatre Royal is a Grade II* listed theatre of major significance located on a prominent site in Margate. The theatre was built in 1787 and remained in theatre use until 1963, with periods for chapel use during the 1840s and cinema between the wars. It was substantially remodelled in 1874 by Jethro Thomas Robinson.